Thursday, September 01, 2005

Painting the house

Here are some things I've noticed since starting to paint our house:

* I am a sucker for a clean, modern line.
* I know a lot more about caulking than I used to, and I did a pretty nice job on our house if I do say so myself.
* Some days I feel like I'm in some kind of weird movie. When I'm on that ladder, I have fantasies about myself as if I were watching myself from down below.
* I love to sing out loud when I'm painting with my headphones on. Favorite musicians to sing along to: Sheryl Crow, Michael Penn, Neil Finn.
* When you're climbing a tall ladder (I've been spending a lot of time 16 feet off the ground lately), it's more wobbly in the middle of the ladder than it is at the top.
* I'm in better shape than I was a couple of weeks ago when we started this project, from climbing up and down ladders, from carrying the ladders around, from reaching every direction with a paint brush or a caulking gun. I hope I can stay in shape during my little Telluride vacation.
* We'll tint our concrete, so it will look cool and interesting. (say, maybe we should make it pale green -- ha ha!)

Gotta sleep.

ciao.

one day I'll post the pictures. I'll go take a night picture of our house with primer on the front. our neighbor said it looks like an easter egg, all purple and white and green and gray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home