Friday, August 25, 2006

Does my hair colorist know me better than I know myself?

I keep catching glimpses of my hair in reflections lately and thinking, no, not anymore. I kinda want to know just how much gray is in there, and I want it to be dark again. It occurred to me that my Blonde Era is about over. I found out I can do that, if I want to, but I don't have to. Hell, I could wear wigs and just play with who I am, which seems to be a recurring theme, now, doesn't it?

Then I realized my amazing friend/coauthor/hair person has been suggesting dark colors for me on my last couple of visits (how suggestible am I?), first black and then an chestnut deep dark red. And I've seriously been thinking about it. But I think she was also right when she said to just let it be for another month for the family wedding. I'm not planning on having pink hair this time; I'm the mother of the flowergirl (and how appropriate is that? [grin]).

But now I wonder whether pink or red hair might be just the thing after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home